On-Core Software
November 14, 2019, 03:37:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice Deleted won't release time entries  (Read 3149 times)
colivet

« on: May 07, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »

Hi, I just deleted an invoice that I was going re invoice with some corrections and to my surprise when i go to time entries I have none for that period. In the manual it says that when Invoices are deleted, time entries used for that invoice show automatically in the time entry area.
Is there any other way of recovering this time entries?  Report shows them as belonging to an invoice deleted.

Thanks,

Christian
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09:14 am »

First of all, you should have gone into that invoice and just make the changes.  You can add/subtract entries and change settings.  You really should not ever have to delete an invoice.  So, please give that a try next time.

When you delete and invoice, it depends on the "Status" to what happens with the Time or Expense Entries.  If the status is "Pending", the Entries will be "released" and can then be added to another invoice.  If the status is "Billed" or "Paid", then they will NOT be released and will show the invoice number as Deleted.  This is to prevent you from re-invoicing entries that have been invoiced.  If you need to re-invoice these, you will have to go into each entry and "Unlock Time Entry" and then Save.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: