On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:47:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jobs longer than 24hrs?  (Read 5881 times)
Clearthinking

« on: June 17, 2010, 07:59:02 am »

Hi, some of my jobs last longer than 24hrs. When a job goes over 24hrs 'time master' truncates the time to 23.59.59 this is very annoying! Is there a setting I need to change?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:03:47 am »

Hi, some of my jobs last longer than 24hrs. When a job goes over 24hrs 'time master' truncates the time to 23.59.59 this is very annoying! Is there a setting I need to change?

That is correct that a "day" is only 24 hours and that is why we limit each entry to 24 hours.  Once that entry is complete and it has become "old" (it will have a grey box in the time area instead of green), you can simply tap on the grey area and it will ask you if you want to: Start, Copy and Start, Copy with Duration or Cancel (on the iPad just tap anywhere else to Cancel).  Now if you need to run a timer, choose the Copy and Start and it will copy the entire entry, zero the duration and start the timer.  If you Copy with Duration, it will copy the entire event, including the duration and will not start the timer.  So it makes duplicating the entries very easy.
Clearthinking

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:48 am »

So I end up with multipal day / time entries on on job which I must collect to invoice. Whilst making sure to start the right days 'timer'? Rather than a total of the hours spent in one event. OK a bit of a phaf. Shame the software can't just date / time stamp the time entries and keep them in one job file with the latest on top. That is if you can't just keep the time running on a job.

Also the timer allows you to start a timed event, lets say at 23hrs, runs ( as it has on a job for me ) until you you stop the time at say (27hrs ) and then truncates the time to 23:59:59 without saving the 4hrs it has run for.

What happens if I'm working 48 hrs straight? It happens in my game. I don't want to have to stop / remember what my time keeping software is doing and make sure I start another file entry at 12 midnight. I'm concentrating on the work not the time keeping software.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 12:08:21 pm »

So I end up with multipal day / time entries on on job which I must collect to invoice. Whilst making sure to start the right days 'timer'? Rather than a total of the hours spent in one event. OK a bit of a phaf. Shame the software can't just date / time stamp the time entries and keep them in one job file with the latest on top. That is if you can't just keep the time running on a job.

Yes, that is correct.

Also the timer allows you to start a timed event, lets say at 23hrs, runs ( as it has on a job for me ) until you you stop the time at say (27hrs ) and then truncates the time to 23:59:59 without saving the 4hrs it has run for.

What happens if I'm working 48 hrs straight? It happens in my game. I don't want to have to stop / remember what my time keeping software is doing and make sure I start another file entry at 12 midnight. I'm concentrating on the work not the time keeping software.

Well I'm not sure how you would keep awake for 48 hours straight.   Wink

One thing that is on our "wishlist", that hopefully we can get to one day, is that when it goes over 24 hours, that it will automatically stop that timer and copy the entry into a new entry and continue the timer on that.  Of course if you forget to stop the timer for 7 days, you will have 7 days worth of entries.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: