On-Core Software
November 14, 2019, 04:17:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default Value for QuickBooks Payroll Item and Class  (Read 4293 times)
Timely

« on: March 15, 2012, 10:37:54 pm »

Hello,

I just bought Time Master with the QuickBooks export upgrade, and it looks like it will save me lots of time. My plan is to offload the accounting tasks to someone else at some point, so this is far better than paper notes. I ran a test with my first task tonight, and it worked great!

I have two requests, however, regarding the QuickBooks export:
  • Permit setting a default value for the Payroll Item (Perhaps associated with a Task or Employee?)
  • Add a field for Class, with a default value permitted.

Our business is multi-faceted, and we use Classes to keep track of the individual departments, including billed time.

I set the Default Item to match our exact QuickBooks item for this user. It imported fine, and resulted in the time entry attached (except class).

Thank you for a great product, and keep up the good work!

Tim
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:19:48 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions.

We've been thinking of adding a "Categories" type of field to be able to arbitrarily group entries in non-obvious ways (ie: some people might use it to track different employees, etc). Perhaps we can map that to the QB Classes. It's on our wish-list.

As far as the Payroll item, would a global default work or does it needs to be defaulted by Task?

Thanks,
Ernesto.
Timely

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »

As far as the Payroll item, would a global default work or does it needs to be defaulted by Task?

Thanks,
Ernesto.

A global default would work well for most users, I think.

Thank you!
Tim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: