On-Core Software
December 07, 2019, 09:36:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Categorize clients by billable vs. nonbillable  (Read 2948 times)
mlh7n

« on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:50 am »

Once again, thanks for the app, it's the best out there.

In my list of clients, I have a few that are for nonbillable matters that I need to track. My firm keeps separate track of time spent on firm committees vs. client development vs. admin vs. partner meetings etc. etc.  So each one that has a separate "client" code in our system is a separate client in Time Master.

It would be great if when you set up a client you could categorize it in some way or another, so that when you go to run a report you can include only those clients with that category.  I would think "billable" and "nonbillable" would be a common way to categorize them.  Ideally it would be great if you could set up your own categories, but as a starting point it might be nice to have an "attribute" for clients just like you do for individual expenses.

Right now if I want to get a total of my billable hours for a month, the only way I can do it is run a total and then run a report with each nonbillable "client", backing each one out.  You can do this with expenses (i.e. run only those that are reimbursable).
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:00:14 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions, we will add it to our "wish list".  We have an idea that we hope to implement in a future version that might work for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: