On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:25:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New feature request - invoice numbers by client  (Read 4423 times)
dpeace

« on: June 01, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »

I'm an IT consultant in the UK who has already more than covered the cost of this excellent software by streamlining my invoicing process.

What would be invaluable to me would be the ability to have separate invoice number sequences by client. If I had a client called Acme Pharmaceuticals, and allocated them the code AP, it would be perfect for their first invoice to be AP001, the next month's to be AP002 etc. This would be particularly useful so that a client couldn't work out how many other clients I have by looking at the number of invoices I've raised between their last two.

I don't know how trivial this would be to offer as an option, or how useful it might be to your users in general, but it would make me very happy.

Also, I found that I'd forgotten to apply a non-standard rate to a new client, so the default was used for dozens of entries; I was surprised to see that changing the client's rate could not be applied to existing entries. I understand why this is sensible (on agreeing a rate increase, for example, so that prior entries were charged correctly), but wondered if retroactive rate changes could be added as an option?

Thanks again for the best software investment I've made on the iPhone.

Darren
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:46 am »

I'm an IT consultant in the UK who has already more than covered the cost of this excellent software by streamlining my invoicing process.

What would be invaluable to me would be the ability to have separate invoice number sequences by client. If I had a client called Acme Pharmaceuticals, and allocated them the code AP, it would be perfect for their first invoice to be AP001, the next month's to be AP002 etc. This would be particularly useful so that a client couldn't work out how many other clients I have by looking at the number of invoices I've raised between their last two.

I'm not sure how many people work like that, but I will add it to our "wishlist".  I guess it depends on how you do your accounting.

I don't know how trivial this would be to offer as an option, or how useful it might be to your users in general, but it would make me very happy.

Also, I found that I'd forgotten to apply a non-standard rate to a new client, so the default was used for dozens of entries; I was surprised to see that changing the client's rate could not be applied to existing entries. I understand why this is sensible (on agreeing a rate increase, for example, so that prior entries were charged correctly), but wondered if retroactive rate changes could be added as an option?

Thanks again for the best software investment I've made on the iPhone.

Darren

Unfortunately you will have to manually fix the entries.  As you stated, if there was a rate change, we do not want the old Invoices to change in value.  If you need to look at an old invoice and the amounts changed, that would be a bad thing.

Cheers,
Adam.
dpeace

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:06:42 pm »

Thanks very much for the reply.

Darren
Sjoerd

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:50:05 am »

I also would appreciate the possibility to customize invoice numbers, including the possibility to use letters in the invoice number. For me it would work if I could manually enter a number/letter combination each time Auto Invoice is started.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: