On-Core Software
December 07, 2019, 09:26:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Odometer entry options and a new report request  (Read 4926 times)
Catalina

« on: February 10, 2012, 01:01:18 am »

I have used Time Master every day for more than a year to track billable time, and for the most part, it's great.  I wouldn't be able to keep track of my billable time without it.  I have a couple of suggestions that would make it a little more usable.

Odometer tumblers for recording mileage are clunky, awkward and unusable in a hurry.  Could we have keypad style entry for starting and ending odometer reading?

Ability to attach a pic from my phone to starting and ending odometer readings would also be helpful.  I sometimes take a quick picture of my car odometer.  The problem is getting I can't associate the pics with an expense entries in Time Master.

Report request:   Show me sessions for a day in start-time order.  I need to see at least the client, start and stop time entries.  I frequently go back and forth between clients during the day, and sometimes forget to start or stop a timer, creating gaps and overlaps which I need to quickly review and fix before I forget what I actually did that day.  There is no easy way to find gaps or overlaps in sessions across clients for a given day, other than exporting and doing it in Excel.

Thanks!
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:04 am »

I have used Time Master every day for more than a year to track billable time, and for the most part, it's great.  I wouldn't be able to keep track of my billable time without it.  I have a couple of suggestions that would make it a little more usable.

Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback.

Odometer tumblers for recording mileage are clunky, awkward and unusable in a hurry.  Could we have keypad style entry for starting and ending odometer reading?

I'll add your request to the wish list. I can see how that would be troublesome if you do it all the time.

Ability to attach a pic from my phone to starting and ending odometer readings would also be helpful.  I sometimes take a quick picture of my car odometer.  The problem is getting I can't associate the pics with an expense entries in Time Master.

Check the "Receipts" option when editing an expense. It will let you attach one or more images and name them for the expense. You then can export them with your reports or invoices (if you have the invoice module).

Report request:   Show me sessions for a day in start-time order.  I need to see at least the client, start and stop time entries.  I frequently go back and forth between clients during the day, and sometimes forget to start or stop a timer, creating gaps and overlaps which I need to quickly review and fix before I forget what I actually did that day.  There is no easy way to find gaps or overlaps in sessions across clients for a given day, other than exporting and doing it in Excel.

I suspect you're looking for a calendar type of view. We actually wrote full integration with the device's calendar and were hoping to include it in the 5.0 release, but unfortunately Apple has a bug deleting calendars in iOS 5 that we've reported and they have not fixed yet, so we had to postpone it.

In the meantime, I'll add your request to the wish-list. Perhaps we can create something to use in the interim.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide the feedback. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,
Ernesto.
Catalina

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:58 am »

Receipts to store odometer pics is a good suggestion. I'll try that for a while and see how it works for me.

Calendar view of sessions would be awesome. Especially if i could see a "day" view.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: