On-Core Software
October 19, 2019, 02:46:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow sessions to be edited while timer is running  (Read 2801 times)
Stan

« on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »

I use Sessions extensively. It is what makes Time Master valuable to me.

FYI, I have "Multi Timers" disabled.

I don't understand why I'm not allowed to edit the start time of a session when the timer for that task and session is currently running. I also need to be able to edit the start and stop times for previous sessions in a task when the timer for that task is running. Here's why: Frequently I forget to start the timer running for a different task the moment I stop working on one task and start working on a different task. I usually remember a few minutes later. It would be very helpful if, after I start the timer running on the new task, I could adjust the stop time of the previous task and the start time of the new task without having to stop the timer. I don't see any reason why you prevent that. I understand that I can stop the timer and then edit the sessions, but then I have to adjust the end time of the latest session to "now" and then restart the timer after saving the session, which creates a new session. All that adds complication, and it's not very user friendly.

Otherwise, I am mostly happy with this app. Thanks!
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »

Hi Stan.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will add it to our wish list.

Off the top of my head, there are some technical issues surrounding live editing of sessions. One reason is that the running session isn't currently being created until the timer is stopped for the first time. Another reason is that the first session is somewhat 'special', in that it also dictates what the actual Time Entry start date/time is, and also determines the validity of the other sessions on the Entry (which must be within a 24 hour window). That said, we made some changes in the behavior of how we save Sessions somewhere in the 4.x release cycle that should make it easier to potentially add the feature you request.
I can't make any promises other than we'll take a look at it when the time comes.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve our product, and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,
Ernesto.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:34:59 pm by Ernesto » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: