On-Core Software
November 17, 2019, 04:54:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer database via email  (Read 5000 times)
grifteruk

« on: January 07, 2012, 01:40:56 pm »

Hi - quick question for you, not sure if it is even possible...

I have Time Master installed on my iPhone and use this to enter all the time / client / job entries etc. as normal. I have been generating invoices using this device and it all works fine, very happy indeed.

What I would like to do is this - make the time entries as normal on the iPhone, then send some kind of file every month via email that my Book Keeper could import into her iPad and generate and send the invoices for me.

Any ideas how I could achieve this? Her iPad would not be doing anything other then purely my invoicing...

Kind regards,
Dave.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:26:04 pm »

There are two ways you could go about this.

The first thing you could do is to do a Backup of the Time Master database to Dropbox (DB).  Have your book keeper sign into the same DB account on their device.  They could then Restore that file directly and do the billing from that.

The second thing, but only if you have a proximity wireless connection to the book keeper, would be to Synchronize the two devices either by a Local Wi-Fi network or by Bluetooth.  You would need the optional Synchronization module on both devices to do that.

You would not be able to email the database file because if you have "photo receipts", that would not work.
grifteruk

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

Thanks Adam - Option 1 seems the best solution for me. I'll let you know how it works out! I'm assuming that once she has done the paperwork she could then save a (new) backup file in Dropbox and I could then restore it and continue with the updated version from there, provided I have not made any new entries. That way I would know which invoices have been billed / paid etc.

Just checking the backup file is the same for an iPhone as it is for an iPad?

Keep up the good work - I just so love this software and never want to use anything else.

BW, Dave.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »

Yes, you could do that, but be VERY careful that you have not made any entries between the Save -> (processing) -> Restore (back to you).

We wrote the Synchronization module so that is not a concern with it (continuing working on either device).  Backup/Restore can be risky if you forgot that you entered some new work and then Restored from a different backup.  Perhaps make sure that you do a Backup immediately before doing a Restore, just incase.
grifteruk

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

Absolutely. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!
Dave.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: