On-Core Software
July 15, 2019, 09:27:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem importing QB IIF file into Time Master  (Read 6411 times)
halveb

« on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:00 am »

I followed the directions and created an IIF file from my quickbooks and emailed it to my ipad.  I use gmail on my ipad and also still have ipad mail installed and configured.  The IIF file came through in the gmail app but when I opened the IIF file it just opened and I saw the contents.

I looked at the same email in the ipad mail app and the file was imported as winmail.dat and Time Master again didn't recognize the file so nothing happened?  What am I doing wrong?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »

I suspect that you will have to use Apple's Mail app as that is the only program that will allow you to "Open with" the attachments.  I would doubt that a 3rd party gmail app can do that.

If you are getting a winmail.dat file, it sounds like you are probably using Outlook.  I don't really know how to fix that, but you will have to make Outlook not encapsulate the file in that stupid winmail.dat format.  You will have to Google on how to turn that off.  You need to have an attachment in the email that ends in ".iif".  That is the only way that you will be able to get it to open correctly in Time Master.
halveb

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:03:37 pm »

Thanks Adam, I figured it had to be the Apple email app so hopefully if I email the IIF from my gmail account to the Apple email app I'll be all set.  :-)
halveb

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:29:44 pm »

I sent the IIF fike from gmail to my ipad instaed of Outlook through gmail and indeed the attachment showed up as an IIF file in the Apple email program but when I clicked on it, it just opened the file much like my gmail app did.

Is there something I need to do to register IIF files to connect them to Time Master?
halveb

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:32:16 pm »

Nevermind I clixked on the reply arrow and then it asked if I wanted to update in Time Master...and away I go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: