On-Core Software
December 06, 2019, 10:06:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: photographing expenditure receipts  (Read 3682 times)
joe

« on: May 27, 2010, 06:37:33 pm »

hi. i am just starting to use time master so perhaps i am unaware of a way to do this but i think it would be fantastic if a receipt could be photographed and included as an attachment in the invoice email. thanks!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:39:48 pm »

hi. i am just starting to use time master so perhaps i am unaware of a way to do this but i think it would be fantastic if a receipt could be photographed and included as an attachment in the invoice email. thanks!

We've wanted to have a way to photograph receipts for a long time now, but the OS is not ready yet.  It (mostly) keeps getting better (but they broke PDF creation starting in OS 3.2) and we are taking a wait and see attitude.  The problem currently is this.  You cannot create an email that is much over 10 MB in size.  You may say, well that's not too bad and most photos are probably only 2 MB.  The problem is that if you were exporting a months worth of photos, it would be well over 10 MB.  The problem is that when the email is over 10 MB and you try to send it ... nothing happens.  It does NOT produce an error message, it "looks" like it sent an email, but it just does nothing.  We would be getting too many support emails saying "why can't I send a ...." (report, invoice, etc.).  So until they manage to fix this "bug" (for lack of a better term), we have to wait until they do.   Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: