On-Core Software
November 14, 2019, 04:23:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alternate backup  (Read 3372 times)
rad

« on: November 11, 2011, 12:02:27 am »

I would like to suggest a second backup method for time master.  There have been many time when I have "broken into a cold sweat" thinking I have not backed up in a few days.  Usually, I think about it when I'm out and about, not on itunes.

It would be nice to be able to email a backup as an additional alternative, to Time Master Central.

I would like to see two methods for backup:
1. Time Master Central
2. Email backup

Thanks for a great app.
Rad

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:21:30 am »

Hey Rad,

Yes, we have second backup method and it works great!  We have added an "Online Backup & Restore" to Dropbox.  Setup -> Database -> Online Backup & Restore.

We really love this option as it works very well (Time Master Central can be problematic for some Windows users).  The Dropbox method is really nice for a few reasons.  First it is free and secure.  They give you up to 2 GB of storage, which you would probably never be able to use up with TM backups alone.  Second, you can do it at anytime that you have an internet connection.  You can be on Wi-Fi, Edge or 3G, doesn't matter.  Third you can install a little extension to mount the Dropbox on your desktop computer, so you can also save other things to Dropbox like Report, Invoices, ect.

Due to the fact that we now also have "Photo Receipts", which in general can take up a lot more space, the only two ways to do a reliable Backup is with Time Master Central or to Dropbox, as these are both written to also backup receipts in a way that keeps the Backup/Restore time to a minimum.  It is not possible to Backup/Restore via email.
rad

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:20:43 pm »

thanks for the reply.

Keep up the great work.
Rad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: