On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:54:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving a Report Template  (Read 3701 times)
smargita

« on: November 04, 2011, 12:13:41 pm »

I am a brand new user and am just getting started with this software.
I am realizing a need to be able to save multiple templates of reports.
For example, when I need to create a report for mileage, the fields that I export and their order are different from the fields that I would export for a particular client and the hours I want to track.
Is there a way to save a Report format with the exported fields and location of the fields so that I can call upon that format when the need arises?
Otherwise, great software!
Thanks,
-Steve
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:21:37 pm »

Hi Steve,

No we do not have templates for Reports, but will add your request to our "wish list".  Normally what people do is export the CSV file and then work with it in a spreadsheet program such as Excel or Number.  From there you can sort it any way you need.

Note that you can set the "Filters" in the Report screen.  For example, you could select your mileage "Expenditure" code and put it in there.  Then your report will only contain items with that Expenditure code.  Just remember to clear the filter when you are done so your next report won't be missing items (e.g. if you next tried to report any Time Entries).
smargita

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:34:02 pm »

Thanks for the quick response. I will explore the CSV option with Excel.
That seems like a good method.
Thanks,
- Steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: