On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 07:48:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Viewing mileage as an expense  (Read 3255 times)
smargita

« on: November 04, 2011, 01:45:36 pm »

I am just getting used to this software. I am entering some information for my hours and am having no problems.
But, when I use the app to track mileage (for tax purposes only), I cannot find any way to delete the $0.00 that represents the amount of reimbursement for the expense (of which I am not being reimbursed for - taxes only).
Is there a way to eliminate the $0.00 so that the mileage doesn't appear as a strange expense of no amount?
Thanks,
- Steve

- Steve
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:02:19 pm »

No, there is no way to remove the amount on an Expense item.  Whether it is a general expense or mileage.

Since you are not billing the Client for the mileage, what we would suggest is that you add yourself as a Client and put those mileage expenses under yourself.  In the Purpose (notes) field, just enter for what client you were tracking your mileage for.  Then at the end of the year, just run a report on the Expenditure code for your mileage.  That way the mileage expenses will be grouped under you instead of your clients.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: