On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 10:07:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Number pad on IOS4 Iphone 3g problem  (Read 9590 times)
watchguy1

« on: October 31, 2011, 03:20:29 pm »

Hi,

I have a problem with the number pad when you attempt to enter a number pad.   I am looking at adding an expense (doesn't matter which one) it only shows the row with the numbers 3 6 9 and the backspace key.  Makes it very hard to enter numbers to keep track of.  I also see the tasks problem that is mentioned in another post.

Any ideas?  Help!

This started with the 4.7 update.  The program has been great and done what I want it to do for about 2 years and this is the first problem I've had.  I still wish that the column for mileage would give you a subtotal (as it is I have to add them by hand).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Chuck
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »

We just had one other user with the same problem.  We have tried to replicate it here and we even did it on our 3G running iOS 4.2.1.  We may have to revert iOS 4.x devices back to the regular full keyboard.  They just added a "number" pad on iOS 5 (it didn't exist on iOS 4 and earlier).  We wrote our own for iOS 3 & 4.  We wish we could replicate it here, but so far no luck.  There have been no changes since the version of TM that we added it in.  Version 4.7 should be no different.  Argh.

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:58:52 pm »

As far as the mileage goes, the actual miles is in the "Quantity" field.  So if the difference in the starting and ending odometer reading was 50 miles, you would see 50.00 in the Quantity field.  That then gets multiplied times the "Amount" field, where you have your reimbursement for the distance.  e.g. 30 cents per/mile would be 50 x 0.30 = 15.00
tmurk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:38:10 pm »

Hi
The problem of only seeing numbers 3, 6 and 9 also occurs on ipod touch 2nd gen. running version 4.2.1(8C148)
I've not had this problem prior to the 4.7 update but it is causing a real headache for entering rates.

I don't mind being a beta tester if that could help speed up the resolution.

Cheers
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:41:55 pm »

Tmurk, if you'd like to beta test please send us an email with your UUID.  The UUID can be found by connecting your device to iTunes.  In the Summary screen, click on the "Serial Number" field to switch to UUID.  Go to the Edit menu and select Copy.  Email us that number.

tmurk

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »

Hi

Ok. Email just sent with UUID

Cheers
watchguy1

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 11:08:32 am »

As far as the mileage goes, the actual miles is in the "Quantity" field.  So if the difference in the starting and ending odometer reading was 50 miles, you would see 50.00 in the Quantity field.  That then gets multiplied times the "Amount" field, where you have your reimbursement for the distance.  e.g. 30 cents per/mile would be 50 x 0.30 = 15.00

HI Adam,

Thanks for the reply on my mileage question.  I understand the way you folks intend to do it, however I don't turn in my report with the amount in dollars.  All I need to do is turn in the number of miles per day I drove and they do the math in the payroll program.  I must be the only one in the world that does it that way Smiley  I could put in a penny and allow it to add that way but that inflates the actual $ value for tolls & parking & other reimbursements which just doesn't work for me.  I would still have to do the math to back it out.

I know it's adding to the code but what I would like to see, if possible, is for the mileage column to be added together and put in the grand total lines.  The numbers are already there, if your program works similarly to access, wouldn't it just be a simple matter of summing that column?   It would make my life easier, probably mess yours up though.  LOL

T8k care,

Chuck
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:12:30 am by watchguy1 » Logged
watchguy1

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 11:14:38 am »

If I can help correct the problem with the number pad I'd be willing to help as well.  I didn't have this problem until the 4.7 update either.

Chuck

Hi,

I have a problem with the number pad when you attempt to enter a number pad.   I am looking at adding an expense (doesn't matter which one) it only shows the row with the numbers 3 6 9 and the backspace key.  Makes it very hard to enter numbers to keep track of.  I also see the tasks problem that is mentioned in another post.

Any ideas?  Help!

This started with the 4.7 update.  The program has been great and done what I want it to do for about 2 years and this is the first problem I've had.  I still wish that the column for mileage would give you a subtotal (as it is I have to add them by hand).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Chuck
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »

This seems to be some issue caused by the new developer tools for devices running iOS 4.x.

As a temporary work-around, what you can do is rotate your iPhone into landscape mode.  This will re-draw the keypad correctly.  You can then rotate back to portrait mode and the keypad will be correct until you exit that screen.

We are still investigating this to try and see why this is happening and try and fix it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:21:26 pm by Adam » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: