On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 11:02:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generic Tasks Not Visible (Time Master 4.7)  (Read 9707 times)
tmurk

« on: October 28, 2011, 05:25:41 am »

This is a great app. I've been using it to monitor my business all year so far. Thanks
I've just encountered a problem after the latest update.
When I want to add a new entry I select "client" as the required field.
Having selected a client I then select "Task" and have previously been given my list of generic tasks.
Since the update I now get the "Tasks" heading but no entries.
To view my tasks I am now required to open the search function having first pulled down the screen to reveal the search box.
I can enter any letter from the task for a select list to appear.
I then choose my task and am returned to the "Add Entry" screen.
In essence, therefore, I am now touching my screen 5 times instead of twice in order to select a generic task.

If I try to avoid the problem by selecting from my whole list of tasks at the "Add Entry" first stage, then when I go back to enter the client name, the task is erased.

Am I doing something wrong or is this deliberate by you guys?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:28:25 am by Adam » Logged
dpeace

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:53 am »

Also finding this.

I've tried hiding then unhiding the individual Global Tasks, to no avail.

Darren
Hungerford, UK
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:59:09 am »

Yes, we just confirmed this issue.  We are going to make the fix today and resubmit.  We will ask Apple to do an "Emergency Review" and see if they can get the fix up within the next couple of days.  We are very sorry about this, as we missed it in our testing.   Cry
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:21 am »

As a temporary workaround here is what you can do.  Select your Client first.  Next tap on the Task row to bring up the Task picker.  Tap-and-hold in the middle of the screen and drag the window down to reveal the "Search" box.  Type in at least one letter for the Task that you are looking for and they should appear in the window below.  You can then choose that task.  Of course, we are still going to try and get Apple to do an "Emergency Review", to get a fix out asap, and will let you know when that is available.  Again, so sorry for all the trouble.  :-(
bwtharp

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:03:23 am »

Thank you so much for the quick work around.  Allows me to bill a ton of work done sine the update.  My tasks happen to match my clients billing codes and are required to be paid.

Mainly replying so you know people do find the forums very useful.  Thanks for the good product.
tmurk

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »

To bwtharp.

It's my pleasure that my suggested workaround allows you to continue working.
I'm glad that On-Core Adam agreed that what I was doing was the best temporary solution.

I've opened seperate subject posts to show another couple of problems I'm encountering since the last update.
In brief they are "database entries not in alphabetical order" and "number keypad error"

Still a great app even though it's become more difficult to use since update 4.7.
Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Cheers
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »

Time Master v4.8 is now available on the App Store (thanks to Apple for "expediting" the review process).  This will fix the issue with the Global Task list and the Sorting in the lists.

We are not sure what to make of the keyboard issue that was just brought to our attention.  We also have an old iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 that we use for testing and are unable to replicate the issue.  We suspect that there must be something the the latest Xcode (developer tools) did that somehow messes it up for a few people.  We have not changed any of the code in the keypad since we introduced it.  We spent half the day trying, but no luck.  We will need at least one person to work with who can potentially beta test this with us.  We tried looking at Apples newer keypad, but don't like the way it looks because it really just the telephone dial pad and has all the letters on it too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:21:52 pm by Adam » Logged
watchguy1

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:33 am »

Time Master v4.8 is now available on the App Store (thanks to Apple for "expediting" the review process).  This will fix the issue with the Global Task list and the Sorting in the lists.

We are not sure what to make of the keyboard issue that was just brought to our attention.  We also have an old iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 that we use for testing and are unable to replicate the issue.  We suspect that there must be something the the latest Xcode (developer tools) did that somehow messes it up for a few people.  We have not changed any of the code in the keypad since we introduced it.  We spent half the day trying, but no luck.  We will need at least one person to work with who can potentially beta test this with us.  We tried looking at Apples newer keypad, but don't like the way it looks because it really just the telephone dial pad and has all the letters on it too.

Cool, that solved the task list problem, I had hoped, beyond hope though, that it would solve the keyboard problem for me but .....  Unfortunately it hasn't.

Chuck
tmurk

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 01:27:24 pm »

Hi

I don't know if it will work for you but On-Core Adam advised me to turn my device (Ipod Touch 2nd gen) to landscape, which reveals the whole numbers keypad.
Good as a temporary solution until they iron out the problem.
Hope it works for you too.

Cheers

Mark
watchguy1

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 03:14:32 pm »

Hi

I don't know if it will work for you but On-Core Adam advised me to turn my device (Ipod Touch 2nd gen) to landscape, which reveals the whole numbers keypad.
Good as a temporary solution until they iron out the problem.
Hope it works for you too.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yea, turning on it's side and then back worked.  Weird, I don't know how the number pad part of the program works but at least we can enter numbers again!  Yippppeeee!  I doubt I use the program to it's fullest capability like a lot of users here do but I don't think they would buy that I drove 999 miles ever time I went to a customer.  Smiley

Thanks again for the help and a great program!

Chuck
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

We had to go download the app from the App Store and were able to finally replicate the problem. It just didn't happen on our test builds on our 3G units.

As Mark correctly stated, switching to landscape (and then back to Portrait if you wish) works around the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issue seems to be related to the new iOS 5 SDK from Apple, which we started using with v4.7...
I've put together a fix which will be included in the next release, and tested it on a 3G unit, along with iPad and iPhone 4.

Since there's a fairly simple workaround, we're going to be waiting a bit for that next release in case we get any other bug reports.

Thanks for letting us know about this problem.

Regards,
Ernesto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: