On-Core Software
September 15, 2019, 03:06:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing TXT file attachment on iPhone email  (Read 8837 times)
dnicol

« on: April 30, 2010, 09:05:19 pm »

When I tap on the *.txt attachment to my email the program opens the attachment rather than prompting me to associate a program with it.  How do I get the iPhone to promt me to open it with Time Master?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:10:46 pm »

When I tap on the *.txt attachment to my email the program opens the attachment rather than prompting me to associate a program with it.  How do I get the iPhone to promt me to open it with Time Master?

You need to update your iPhone to the "iPhone OS 4".  But the only problem is that OS 4 is not out yet.  You will have to wait until "this summer" according to Apple.  That is why we say iPad now and iPhone when OS 4 comes out.   Smiley

dnicol

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »

Thanks for te advice.  Is that the only way I can import data?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:08:52 pm »

Thanks for te advice.  Is that the only way I can import data?

To quote Steve Jobs, "Yes".

dnicol

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:53:26 am »

Dooh Sad
dnicol

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:13:39 am »

Can I set up a database on one iPhone as our company template with the Customers, Projects, Tasks and Expenditures all loaded then restore it on to each employees iPhone as the starting DB for them?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 06:16:16 am »

Can I set up a database on one iPhone as our company template with the Customers, Projects, Tasks and Expenditures all loaded then restore it on to each employees iPhone as the starting DB for them?

Sure, you could do this initially.  However, you would not want to do this on an ongoing basis as it would wipe out all the information that the person has entered on their device going forward.

It will be better when OS 4 comes out for the iPhone/iPod Touch.  Then it will be possible to send "additions" via txt files when needed.  You could also use Quickbooks IIF files (also with OS 4) if you follow that format, however it is a bit more limited in what fields are available compared to the txt files.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: