On-Core Software
December 07, 2019, 10:24:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: roundtrip mileage automatic lookup  (Read 4400 times)
spookyIT

« on: May 07, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »

When adding a client address it would be nice to have the TimeMaster app find the roundtrip mileage from my default location to each client address that I add to the database. Then when I add a mileage expense and choose a client the default roundtrip quantity can be applied automatically to the quantity field.

Right now when adding each client to the database I have to stop and find each roundtrip mileage. I thought this would save time and be helpful to others. 
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:43:25 pm »

When adding a client address it would be nice to have the TimeMaster app find the roundtrip mileage from my default location to each client address that I add to the database. Then when I add a mileage expense and choose a client the default roundtrip quantity can be applied automatically to the quantity field.

Right now when adding each client to the database I have to stop and find each roundtrip mileage. I thought this would save time and be helpful to others. 

That is something that would not really be possible to do.  You would need something like Google maps to get distances and that would probably not be possible.  Can I suggest instead that you figure out what the round trip mileage is and then create an "Expenditure" for it.  You could call it something like "Travel to Acme, Inc." for the Expenditure name.  Then in the Quantity you would let it default to 1 and in the Amount you put the rate times the distance (e.g. 33 cents per mile X 30 miles = $9.90, you could even include Tolls if applicable).  Then you could just pull that expense when you need it.

spookyIT

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:19:16 pm »

Thank you for you reply.

I have started to set this for each client. I have a few hundred clients that alot of data input. This is why I thought since the GPS is built-in to the iPhone & MapQuest can be installed it would work.

That leads me to ask another question. What is the maxium amount of clients supported?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21:34 pm »

That leads me to ask another question. What is the maxium amount of clients supported?

No limit!   Grin

....well at least until you run out of memory on the device, but that would probably be a billion or so.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: