On-Core Software
August 23, 2019, 01:38:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rollover and Sessions  (Read 2872 times)
yagigain

« on: September 16, 2011, 12:20:26 am »

Is there anyway to prevent the Rollover from preventing session being added to a job the next day.

Alot of jobs I do take a few days to resolve with many sessions.   I have an initial min of 1 hour charge, so if I start a new job the next day, to continue from the previous day, then there is another Min charge, which would normally only apply at the very start of a job and then I would normally add to that with timed charges as I go.

So what is the best way to Bill jobs that takes days to complete, without creating new Min charges each day.

Really love the app ... not sure my clients do though, I can have the bill to them before I walk out the door !

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:11 am »

No we cannot do that.  It causes too many issues.  A Time Entry and it's sessions *must* be within a 24 hour period.

Unfortunately I do not have a good solution for what you are trying to do where you have a single Minimum charge and entries that span multiple days.

You could potentially use a "Fixed Amount" Project, but you would have to use that only if you knew that you would never run over the fixed amount.  Of course, you'd end up with a lot of Project codes.  You would probably want to mark as "Hidden" in the list, probably after marking the Project as "Completed", so that your picker list doesn't get too long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: