On-Core Software
November 13, 2019, 02:58:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Variable time increments for data entry  (Read 5155 times)
lakosca

« on: June 21, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »

Can we have an option to set different time increments for data entry?  Having to spin the wheel through 1 minute increments is rather painful.  Calendar has 5 minute increments which would be much more convenient.
PS: This issue was raised in the forum on Time Master Useability, but I thought I ought to note my interest in the Suggestions forum.
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:10 am »

The Time Quick Pick buttons, right under the Duration field, can be used to modify the duration without even bringing up the wheel.
The time amount on the buttons can be customized from Setup->General->Time Quick Pick.
Wensleydale

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:36 am »

The Time Quick Pick buttons, right under the Duration field, can be used to modify the duration without even bringing up the wheel.
The time amount on the buttons can be customized from Setup->General->Time Quick Pick.

Doesn't this just add the increments to the current time?  For example, 8:56 AM + 1hr would give you 9:56 AM?  I need to have the logged time itself rounded to half hour increments, so, for example, if I start at 8:55 AM and finish at 1:20 PM, the time is reported as 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM.  Is there any way to do this?  Under the current behavior I have to fiddle with the minutes dial for both the start time and the stop time, which is a big pain.

Also, is there even a way to see the logged start and stop times for multiple time entries, such as on the Time Entries page, or in a time sheet report?  All I can see is the total time, but I need more detail, and going into the time entries individually is a hassle when I have to log in and out times for several jobs at once.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:53:17 am »

Doesn't this just add the increments to the current time?  For example, 8:56 AM + 1hr would give you 9:56 AM?  I need to have the logged time itself rounded to half hour increments, so, for example, if I start at 8:55 AM and finish at 1:20 PM, the time is reported as 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM.  Is there any way to do this?  Under the current behavior I have to fiddle with the minutes dial for both the start time and the stop time, which is a big pain.

Yes, the Quick Pick buttons just add that amount of time to the Duration.  It does not adjust the Start Time.

You can use the "Rounding" function to Round Up to the nearest 30 minutes.  However, this will *not* change your Start Time.  If you need the time to be specific, you will have to reset the Start Time manually.  After you have done that and have rounding set, the Stop time will be rounded to that value.

Also, is there even a way to see the logged start and stop times for multiple time entries, such as on the Time Entries page, or in a time sheet report?  All I can see is the total time, but I need more detail, and going into the time entries individually is a hassle when I have to log in and out times for several jobs at once.

To see all the details, just go to the Reports Tab, Generate a report and email it to yourself.  Note that the "Type" must be "Time & Expense" or "Time Entries" to see the details.  The "Time Sheet" type only shows a summary.  You can turn Off/On the columns you see from Setup -> Reports -> Export Fields.
Wensleydale

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »

Yes, the Quick Pick buttons just add that amount of time to the Duration.  It does not adjust the Start Time.

You can use the "Rounding" function to Round Up to the nearest 30 minutes.  However, this will *not* change your Start Time.  If you need the time to be specific, you will have to reset the Start Time manually.  After you have done that and have rounding set, the Stop time will be rounded to that value.

To see all the details, just go to the Reports Tab, Generate a report and email it to yourself.  Note that the "Type" must be "Time & Expense" or "Time Entries" to see the details.  The "Time Sheet" type only shows a summary.  You can turn Off/On the columns you see from Setup -> Reports -> Export Fields.

I see.  Well, at least I can see them somewhere.  What I am finding, though, is that entering time for multiple blocks for the same employer in one day (say, morning block and afternoon block, to account for a lunch break) results in multiple entries on the Time Entries page that are only distinguishable by their duration.  There's no indication of the start and stop times of the blocks, so it is trial-and-error to go back and edit them, then I have to jump through the hoops of generating a report just to see them so I can log them on my work order at the end of the day.  Am I trying to use the wrong tool for the job?  Are there apps out there that are more tailored to what I am trying to do?   Because right now I can't see replacing my paper timekeeping system with Time Master, which is what I really hoped to do.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 12:04:39 pm »

It sounds like you need to track your "punch in & out" times.  What you should probably do is use the Sessions feature.  That allows you to punch in and out multiple times in one Time Entry, but stores those within the Sessions.  Only the Sum of those Sessions are rounded.  You still may have to adjust the Start & End times if you need to report them at some fixed numbers.  Please see the documentation regarding Sessions.

Note that you can download the same PDF documentation that is built into the app from our website.  http://on-core.com/timemaster  scroll down to the bottom for the Docs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: