On-Core Software
October 23, 2019, 08:12:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding note to session while running  (Read 4054 times)
mlh7n

« on: July 21, 2011, 12:08:08 am »

Great app--really the best out there.  No other app that I've tried has been good enough to get me off paper.  Plus the synch module is fantastic.
One suggestion for future updates:
It would be great if I could enter a session note before the session ends. I am an attorney and I switch from one client to the next frequently.  I don't like having to wait until I stop a session to describe it. In most cases when I shift to something new I know what the time entry will say.  Having to enter at the end means doing that before I can move on to the next project.
 The other advantage of having this feature is it ensures that the time it takes the do the session note is included in the session time.

Btw I wouldn't want to lose the pop up that comes when a session ends asking me about the note.  If I've already entered a note I could just say no, or I could say yes to modify it.

Thanks again for the app

mlh7n

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »

One more thing, which is actually an alternative suggestion for improvement.  The main reason I'm using sessions is because if you don't use sessions the Copy and Start function is a hassle.  Suppose i have sessions turned off.  Suppose I did 1 hr yesterday for a client and I want my assistant to put "Call with client and follow up" on the bill.  So I put that in the Reference Field.    Today I begin further research.  If I hit yesterday's (now gray) entry I can quickly Copy and Start.  That's quick and easy and a big selling point of this app.  But it replicates the Reference field which is now old which means I have to delete that manually (much slower on an iPhone or iPad).

So my work around is Sessions, and my assistant just adds up all the sessions when entering into our billing system.

I realize you have users who want to replicate the Reference field, but wouldn't it be just as common to want to Copy and Start but leave Reference blank for the new entry?  Could you build that as either an option next to Copy and Start/Copy with Duration, or have an option in Setup so that Reference is not copied?

If you made this change my previous suggestion isn't needed for me because I would just turn sessions off.  I can modify Reference while the timer is running.

Thanks.
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.
We'll include your suggestions in our wish-list and hopefully we can address some of them in a future release.

Regards,
Ernesto.
Cellman

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

" The other advantage of having this feature is it ensures that the time it takes the do the session note is included in the session time."

I would really like to see this at least as an option.
Some clients want allot of detail, that's fine if they will pay for
The time it takes. Grin
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:37:48 pm »

Hi Cellman,

Please note that in general the Sessions are supposed to be for your own information.  Notes that you want to relay to the Client should be in the Reference Notes.  You can always type the notes in there and then stop the Session afterwards and then update your own notes if you want.  Just a thought.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: