On-Core Software
December 09, 2019, 01:58:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My biggest problem  (Read 3199 times)
onehsancare

« on: June 26, 2011, 04:16:49 pm »

In my 20+ years of practicing law, my biggest problem has been remembering to make my time entries. 

My lawfirm already has an integrated time and billing system; I came to Time Master looking for an iPad app that would beep at me every six minutes to say "What are you doing?"  I realize that might become much too annoying, so I'd like the ability to adjust that to every 18 minutes or 12 or whatever tenth of an hour works for me. 

I see that I could set Time Master to ping every ten minutes, which isn't quite what I need.  I don't think I'm the only person with this issue.  Perhaps a stand-alone module that only does one (adjustable) task would have a large enough market?  Even if it helped us record only .2 hours more one day, it would be worth paying for!
Ernesto
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:42 am »

In my 20+ years of practicing law, my biggest problem has been remembering to make my time entries. 

My lawfirm already has an integrated time and billing system; I came to Time Master looking for an iPad app that would beep at me every six minutes to say "What are you doing?"  I realize that might become much too annoying, so I'd like the ability to adjust that to every 18 minutes or 12 or whatever tenth of an hour works for me. 

I see that I could set Time Master to ping every ten minutes, which isn't quite what I need.  I don't think I'm the only person with this issue.  Perhaps a stand-alone module that only does one (adjustable) task would have a large enough market?  Even if it helped us record only .2 hours more one day, it would be worth paying for!

Yeah, the Audible notification feature is really meant to alert you that you have a timer running, even when your device is off/sleeping/running another app.

The feature that you describe could be added, however, there are some limitations as far as what iOS allows us to do that might complicate making it really work in a sensible manner.

Ideally, for a feature like that, I would think you only want such alert to happen from, say, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Otherwise, you would need to manually turn it on and off, which I think would somewhat defeat the purpose. Right now, the local notification support on the device wouldn't allow us to do that.

It's also the reason we're limited to 10m, 15m, 30m and 60m increments as the only options for audible notifications.

But we appreciate the suggestion, and we'll add it to our 'wish list'. As iOS evolves and adds more features, we're hoping we'll be able to add features such as this in a future version.

Regards,
Ernesto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: