On-Core Software
November 14, 2019, 03:45:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time quantity in invoice?  (Read 4032 times)
markieb

« on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »

The more I use Time Mater the more I realise how cool it is and wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Just one tiny question/coment.    A time entry may add up to 1h7m, When I create an invoice it lists the time as a quantity of 1.13
This is really confusing for the client logically it looks like 1h13m.   Also 1h30m lists in an invoice as a Quantity of 1.50
Almost every client queries this saying it was 1h30m not 1h50m, and I have to go through the whole process of telling them it's not the time but the quantity/fraction.

My question is thus, is it possible to have the quantity in an invoice for time show the hours/minutes instead of the quantity fraction?
I've not been able to find anywhere to change this.
Thanks again for a great App Smiley
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »

No we only display the fraction. The reason being is that some clients want to whip out a calculator and multiply by the rate. You cannot do this if you displayed the time and if they did try to multiply something like 1:30, they would get a wrong total.

Please also be aware that depending upon the "rounding" you may have to display 4 decimal places.  If you only have it display a small fraction and the OS has used more, if they do use a calculator to multiply they might get a different value due to not displaying enough digits for the fraction.
tmurk

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »

Hi

Although your answer to the question posed by markieb is logical, I would still like to have the ability to show hours and minutes on an invoice.

It is my experience that it is more likely for a client to question an entry that looks incorrect (eg 1.50 when the client knows only 1h 30m was worked) than it is for a client to check the mathematics on an invoice by multiplying time by rate.

I'm not a technical genius (although clearly you are), but as I can get the time to show hours and minutes on "Time Entries" and  also on "Report Results", is it not relatively simple for you to allow me to have the same format on "invoices"?

Thanks again for a great time mastering app.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: