On-Core Software
August 23, 2019, 01:25:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor editing in Time Master Central?  (Read 3830 times)
thedave

« on: April 28, 2010, 10:16:47 am »

i was wondering what you thought about allowing edits of the files stored in TMC and then syncing that back to the iphone.

it's not a huge deal, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to type out the things in my reference field with a real keyboard... especially on those days when i do way too much for a client.  currently i'm figuring out the best workaround (i'm leaning toward entering the info in ical and copy/paste the data after syncing the phone).

anyway, i'm guessing it would require making TMC a bit more full featured than originally intended, and i do have a workaround, but it would still be kinda neat.

thanks for an awesome app.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:07:53 pm »

i was wondering what you thought about allowing edits of the files stored in TMC and then syncing that back to the iphone.

it's not a huge deal, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to type out the things in my reference field with a real keyboard... especially on those days when i do way too much for a client.  currently i'm figuring out the best workaround (i'm leaning toward entering the info in ical and copy/paste the data after syncing the phone).

anyway, i'm guessing it would require making TMC a bit more full featured than originally intended, and i do have a workaround, but it would still be kinda neat.

No, we are not going to expand TMC.  It would actually be a huge amount of work to have TMC be able to actually "edit" the database file and replicate any usable functionality.  While SQLite is built into the Mac OS, it is not on Windows and not easy to add.  We have actually deprecated the CSV Export in TMC seeing as the iPhone can do it now (and much better) and it will be removed from some future version.  We've had some really odd "connectivity" problems on Windows systems and will probably create an alternate way of doing Backup and Restore via email in a future version (e.g. OS 4 is required).

thedave

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:19:40 pm »

thanks for the reply, adam.

i had assumed it would be a PITA and not worth doing, but sometimes ya gotta ask.

and the more i think about it, the more my plan of cutting and pasting will actually be less work than exporting and re-importing all my data.

cheers,

d.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: