On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:24:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restore from iPhone Backup to iPad using Time Central??  (Read 10022 times)
riversde

« on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:46 pm »

TM2.8 iPad trying to restore DB from my iPhone w Time central.I can't restore.I see my iPad but restore button is disable. ?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »

TM2.8 iPad trying to restore DB from my iPhone w Time central.I can't restore.I see my iPad but restore button is disabled?

Most likely Bonjour has broken.  This is very common on Windows systems and we really wish that Apple would fix this darn problem.   Tongue

Here is how you would fix it on XP or Vista.  I suspect that Win 7 would be very similar to Vista.

Windows Vista:
Start -> Control Panel
In the "Programs" section, click on the "Uninstall a program" link.
Select "Bonjour"
Click on "Change" button on top (do not click on the Repair button on the menu next to it).
On the window that pop's up, click "Repair"
Finish

Windows XP:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Click on "Add or Remove Programs"
Select "Bonjour"
Click the "Change" button
Click "Repair"
Finish

Please write back and let us know if this worked for you?

Cheers,
Adam.
riversde

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:50:25 pm »

TM2.8 iPad trying to restore DB from my iPhone w Time central.I can't restore.I see my iPad but restore button is disabled?

Most likely Bonjour has broken.  This is very common on Windows systems and we really wish that Apple would fix this darn problem.   Tongue

Here is how you would fix it on XP or Vista.  I suspect that Win 7 would be very similar to Vista.

Windows Vista:
Start -> Control Panel
In the "Programs" section, click on the "Uninstall a program" link.
Select "Bonjour"
Click on "Change" button on top (do not click on the Repair button on the menu next to it).
On the window that pop's up, click "Repair"
Finish

Windows XP:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Click on "Add or Remove Programs"
Select "Bonjour"
Click the "Change" button
Click "Repair"
Finish

Please write back and let us know if this worked for you?

Cheers,
Adam.

I do it and it doesnt work..  Also reinstall time central is a no go

Any other ideas??

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:03:24 pm »

I did it and it doesnt work..  Also reinstall time central is a no go

Any other ideas??

Argh.  I just verified that Time Master Central is not working correctly for the iPad on Windows.  It is working fine on the Mac.  We are working on a fix and will post a new version ASAP!!!  Sorry for the trouble.   Embarrassed
riversde

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 07:28:58 pm »

I did it and it doesnt work..  Also reinstall time central is a no go

Any other ideas??

Argh.  I just verified that Time Master Central is not working correctly for the iPad on Windows.  It is working fine on the Mac.  We are working on a fix and will post a new version ASAP!!!  Sorry for the trouble.   Embarrassed

Nice to know...

I already restore it using a Mac
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 07:47:49 pm »

We have just posted Time Master Central 2.1 for Windows.  This version fixes the problems with the iPad not properly showing up.  You will have to use the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" to remove any previous copy of Time Master Central or you will get some error messages about it not being able to replace some files.  All your backups will remain intact.

The direct link for downloading is: http://on-core.com/timemaster/Time_Master_Central_2_1_Setup.exe
Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:49:56 pm by Adam » Logged
plenuspotent

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:16:51 am »

Hey all, I just started having the some problem, I tested backup and restoring on both my iphone 3g os 3.1.3 to and iPad work fine for a few days and now the iPhone backup fine and I do have the restore button but iPad does not show the information on the right when you select your device for either backup or restore.  I am using an 8-month-old Mac book pro and even try to reinstall both the software on the iPad and Mac book.

apr 18 12:25
Started working again, I did nothing after the last writing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:25:23 pm by plenuspotent » Logged
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 01:33:17 pm »

Hey all, I just started having the some problem, I tested backup and restoring on both my iphone 3g os 3.1.3 to and iPad work fine for a few days and now the iPhone backup fine and I do have the restore button but iPad does not show the information on the right when you select your device for either backup or restore.  I am using an 8-month-old Mac book pro and even try to reinstall both the software on the iPad and Mac book.

apr 18 12:25
Started working again, I did nothing after the last writing.

Can you try rebooting the iPad?  Hold down the power key and swipe to shutdown.  After it has shutdown, press and hold the power key to start back up.  Give it a shot then and let us know?

The other thing that is important is that the Wi-Fi is working.  If the device has been "asleep" for awhile, it may take at least 30 seconds for the Wi-Fi to reconnect to the router.  Try browsing a web site with Safari to test it.
cosoft

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 01:15:42 am »

I had this similar issue a long time ago when the time central was not working with my iPad. Fortunately, it is working now with my iPad.  I have already restored my DB.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:48:41 am by cosoft » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: