On-Core Software
August 11, 2020, 11:01:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reports  (Read 4706 times)
paulrosso

« on: April 14, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »

I just purchased the app and have been testing the reports.  The reports show a row called Time Entry and Session and they seem to be a duplicate of each other which seems a little confusing.  Is there any way to eliminate one of the rows or the other before you generate the report?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

Sessions are a sub-set of the Time Entries.  You must remember that if you are "Rounding" the time, only the main Time Entry is what you need to report to the Client.  The Sessions are only used if you need to keep track of your "punch in & out" times  to report them to an employer or you want to track them for you own use.  Since the Session info is in different columns, it will not affect your totals if you sum them in a spreadsheet program such as Excel or Numbers.  If you do not need to use Sessions, then they will not show up on any Reports.
paulrosso

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »

Thank you for your quick reply.  If I want to keep track of my time spent on a client, it seems that whether or not I use sessions, I will still get the start, end, and duration time.  So if I am keeping track of time spent on a client, is there any advantage to using sessions for a client that I may not be thinking of?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:42:51 pm »

Sessions are optional.  You may choose to use it on some clients, but not others.  There is no advantage for using sessions unless you need to keep track of every punch in & out.  You can turn off columns you do not want to see.  Settings -> Reports -> Export Fields.  You can turn Off any things you don't want on the report.  You can even change the order by drag-n-drop to a different position by using the 3 little horizontal lines.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: