On-Core Software
December 09, 2019, 12:43:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notes on the time entries page  (Read 4974 times)
scottlavoie

« on: March 24, 2011, 07:04:30 am »

It would be helpful for some if the time entries page displayed a portion of the notes from the entry. I do installs for an ISP for work. If I were to use the task to enter each individual customer I went to daily I would be swimming in a sea if tasks. Up to 8 installs a day, so I put the customer name and ticket # in the notes, but when I have 4 different install tasks on any given day its had to know which one to start and stop without checking each one.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:41:27 am »

We don't display notes for several reasons.  First is that they can be very long, so there is not really any room (especially on an iPhone) and second, they can have Carriage Returns (CR) in the text and that cannot be displayed on the line.

That being said, do you create a new Task for each of these that has it's own ticket # or do you reuse the Tasks?  The reason I ask is that you can turn On/Off certain labels on the main Time Entry page.  Setup -> General -> Entry Subtitle.  You could put the ticket # in the Task Code field and turn it on, and you can even move it to the top so that it lists first.

You can also Search for things.  Just pull down on the Time Entries page to reveal the Search box.
scottlavoie

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »

I was thinking more like the first 10-20 characters from the notes to keep the space thing in check. I guess if someone puts a cr in the first 10-20 chars you could just drop everything after the cr.

I have a project to determine if the work is residential or commercial, then a task to determine if it's repair or install, so I can't really difference that way, and if I make the ticket # for each task, the it would get out of control even with purging. When I change the code in the task setup it changes it for every entry. I suppose it would work if the code field for tasks could be set individually at the task entry time but that seems like it would require excessive coding.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »

Gottcha.  We will add your request to our "wishlist" and keep it in mind.  Thanks for the feedback!  Smiley
scottlavoie

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 04:49:28 pm »

Thank you.
mlh7n

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:37:24 pm »

I concur.  It would great to see the first 10-20 characters.  I can't always put in a note right when I end a session and it would be great to see at a glance which entries have no note.  This could be an optIon that could be turned off
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: