On-Core Software
October 21, 2019, 12:30:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Master on iPad from the iPhone  (Read 7861 times)
Adam
Administrator

« on: April 04, 2010, 11:12:26 pm »

A few users have asked about using transferring information from the iPhone to the iPad.  This is what you would need to do.

One key thing is that you must have a local Wi-Fi network.  Hopefully you have one?  Make sure that your iPad and iPhone are connected to your Wi-Fi network.  You should see the little upwards waves on the top left next to the carrier logo.

First you need to get Time Master 2.8 on your iPad.  I *think* (but not sure) that you can have iTunes transfer your pre-existing apps, such as Time Master onto your iPad.  Worst case, just find Time Master on the App Store app on the iPad and "Purchase" it again.  Make SURE that you use the same iTunes account that you purchased it with originally.  After you hit the Buy button, it will tell you that you have already purchased it and asks if you want to re-download it again. Do that.

Ok, now that you have Time Master on you iPad, the first step is complete.  If you do not have our free Time Master Central (TMC) desktop app, then go to our website and download it now.  http://on-core.com/timemaster scroll down for Time Master Central, download it and install it.

Next step is to backup the data from your iPhone.  Launch TMC and launch Time Master on your iPhone.  You should now see your device in TMC.  Hit the "Backup" button in TMC and then confirm on your iPhone.  Now you can quit TM on your iPhone.  Launch TM on your iPad.  Once your iPad is selected, click on the backup file that you just created.  Hit the "Restore" button and confirm on you iPad.  And that's all there is to it.

Just keep in mind that if you have any plans on trying to use both devices (syncing) that you will have to backup the last used device and restore that backup file to the other device before using it.
riversde

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:46 pm »

This sound easy but i cant restore it to iPad because the restore button is disabled on TimeCentral.  And yes! I see my iPad on TimeCentral..

My guess is my iPhone is 3.1.2 with TM2.8 and my iPad 3.2 with TM2.8 ( do i need to have my iPhone on 3.1.3??)..  <===This is not an option for me :-)

Thanks
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:04:55 pm »

This sound easy but i cant restore it to iPad because the restore button is disabled on TimeCentral.  And yes! I see my iPad on TimeCentral..

Nope, we just confirmed that there is an issue with Time Master Central 2.0 and the iPad on Windows.  We are working on a fix and will post a new version ASAP!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

We have just posted Time Master Central 2.1 for Windows.  This version fixes the problems with the iPad not properly showing up.  You will have to use the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" to remove any previous copy of Time Master Central or you will get some error messages about it not being able to replace some files.  All your backups will remain intact.

The direct link for downloading is: http://on-core.com/timemaster/Time_Master_Central_2_1_Setup.exe
Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: