On-Core Software
October 19, 2019, 01:16:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timesheet report  (Read 3365 times)
Adrian1963

« on: March 04, 2011, 02:05:51 am »

Hi there,
   I just installed the latest release which includes the timesheet report.  I'd really like this report enhanced to show, for each day, the start and end times.  I'd also like the ability to report and see in the list of time entries, fortnights (2 weeks), i.e. current fortnight, last fortnight etc. and an option to specify the date a fortnight starts on.

On the subject of time entries, I use Time Master to record the time I spend working for my various clients on their various projects.  One thing I find difficult to enter is when I work on one project for one client for a whole day but with breaks e.g. lunch break.  I have to create an entry for the morning then another for the afternoon, is there a way I could create a entry.  At the end of each fortnight, I have to transcribe the entries into the clients timesheet which has for each day, start time, end time and time spent on breaks.  Having this capability in the time entry screen and showing the breaks time in reports would help out a lot.

Thanks.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:50 pm »

The "Time Sheet" report is specifically meant to report lump times (durations).  It will never show times.  If you want to show the information, such as the times, then you need to use the regular "Time & Duration" or "Time Entries" report types.  You can change the sorting of the reports from the default "Client, Date" to "Date, Client" if you need things lumped together by date instead of client (Setup -> Reports -> Order By).  You can specify the dates ranges you want.  Although we don't have a "2 week" period, you could choose "last week" and adjust the Start date back one extra week.  Unfortunately we do not have a clean way to do a 2 week button.

As explained in other posts, there are two ways of tracking time.  The one that Time Master is based on is "duration".  The Stop time is "calculated" by taking the Start Time and adding the Duration.  This is clean in the sense that if you take the different between the Start and Stop time, you will always get the proper Duration.  That is why you see the times like that.  The second method, which some program use, is the "break" field.  This adds another layer of complexity because you now have to report extra data in all the reports, or you show the full time, but a duration which does not match.  For example if you show the times of 9 am - 5 pm and have a 1 hour break, your duration would be 7 hours and if the client looked at 9 to 5, they would think it should be 8 hours.  We have it on our "wishlist" to look into "breaks", but it is not an easy cut and dry solution either.  We don't like doing things that are half-baked, so unless we feel there is a clean way to do this, it will sit on the drawing board until we do.

We do appreciate the feedback and hope that helps?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: