On-Core Software
December 05, 2019, 09:27:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: File associations to open SecuMail from iphone mail app  (Read 7689 times)
jiadar

« on: February 17, 2011, 02:05:44 pm »

I receive emails into iphone's mail app with the asc extension. I am trying to find out how I can open those files automatically in secumail. Now I have to copy and paste. Is there a way to have the ".asc" file associated with secumail? Please advise.

Thanks.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »

SecuMail is associated with the ASC extension, but we have no control over the Mail app, so we cannot do anything "automatically".  We *wish* would could write a "plug-in" for doing stuff directly in Mail, but doubt that they will ever allow that.

That being said, you can easily open the ASC files (no copy and pasted necessary).  Just tap-and-hold on the file attachment icon.  This should bring up a box that has an option to Open in "SecuMail".  Tap on that and it will launch SecuMail and prompt you for your password.

Hope that helps?
Ylan

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

SecuMail is associated with the ASC extension, but we have no control over the Mail app, so we cannot do anything "automatically".  We *wish* would could write a "plug-in" for doing stuff directly in Mail, but doubt that they will ever allow that.

That being said, you can easily open the ASC files (no copy and pasted necessary).  Just tap-and-hold on the file attachment icon.  This should bring up a box that has an option to Open in "SecuMail".  Tap on that and it will launch SecuMail and prompt you for your password.

Hope that helps?

I tried to read an encrypted piece of email, where the content came as a mime-attachment. When I tap the mime-attachment I get the option to open it in DropBox, but not in SecuMail! I have no issue with reading the very same message on my Mac throught gpg-tools!

Everything is dandy when I get the encrypted content in an ASC-file.

I have the latest version of iOS, in Swedish (if that might prove to be an issue).

Humbly Yours, Ylan

Edit: Realised I could open the attachment in the DropBox app, and copy it and paste it into SecuMail! Cheers!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:00:16 pm by Ylan » Logged
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »

Hi Ylan,

What is the file extension?  (e.g.  ".asc")  We have to tell the iOS what kind of files can be opened with SecuMail.  Perhaps it is one that we will need to add.  Please let us know?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: