On-Core Software
December 12, 2019, 06:40:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Master IIF File not importing items into QB  (Read 6715 times)
jeffersoncarpenter

« on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:54 pm »

I can import the iif file from my iPad to my QB company file, however I can't seem to get any of the "items" to import. I have read the manual and tried to tweak all the settings, but I can't seem to get anything to work. Is there some setting that I need to change to see the transactions for the customer that I imported the iif file for?

Thanks,
Jeff
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:48:38 pm »

Unfortunately QB is very tricky and some different (year) versions seem to work differently.  First are you on the Mac or Win version of QB?  There is an additional step and program required if you are on the Mac.

There are basically two ways of working with QB.  You either define all the Customers and Items in QB or you only create those in Time Master and then export those into QB.  You will need specific things setup in QB.  For example you must have the "Employee" created in QB first and then the Employee name must exactly match what you have in QB.  How do you plan to work with QB?  QB the master or Time Master as the master?
jeffersoncarpenter

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:28:16 am »

This is on a PC - I actually sell and install a POS application that integrates with QB, so I am very familiar with the setup of lists in QB to get items to integrate.

I am planning on using Time Master to track service times for my EXISTING CLIENTS in QB. The employees are already set up in QB and the names match exactly.

When I import the iif file for the customer that already exists I am not getting any "transactions" to appear in QB.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:43:58 am »

Ok, several things.  In the Setup -> Quickbooks you should have the:

- Employee (must have full name which matches in QB)
- Export Clients (unchecked)
- Export Items (unchecked)
- Export Projects as Jobs (checked)

With that setup you can Export the Customers & Items via IIF in QB and then email to your device and then import into Time Master to populate the data.  When you create the exported IIF file, that just get's imported into QB and you should be able to see the items (as shown in our QB video).  Make sure you are looking at the correct date ranges and look at the Time Activity records in QB.

If you still have problems, please email us your IIF file and we will take a look at it.
jeffersoncarpenter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »

Thanks for your help Adam - It was actually not a Time Master issue, it was a quickbooks issue.

I assumed the iif import would automatically put the charge under "transactions" for my customer, but once I figured out that the Time and Expenses preferences were not set in my QB company file, it was smooth sailing.

For any one else out there that might have this problem:
Watch Adam's QB module video

In QB - Edit-> Preferences-> Time&Expenses -> Under do you track time? select 'Yes' and you should be good. This will allow the "enter time" piece to display on the home page and under both the 'Employees' and 'Customer' tabs.

Awesome app - Love it!
Planning on implementing this method throughout my entire organization. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: