On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 10:42:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unbilled Mileage Reporting for Tax Purposes  (Read 3249 times)
karenw

« on: February 01, 2011, 03:49:34 pm »

I do not charge my clients for mileage but capture it every visit in order to summarize miles driven for tax purposes.  I see that I can get a report showing the total for the year.  However, the IRS requires a detail report showing :

Date, Client, Beginning Odomoter Reading, Ending Odometer Reading, Total Miles for Trip

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Karen
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »

Yes.  You would just enter the Expense for that client, and if you are using the optional Invoice module, make sure that "Reimbursable" is *unchecked* (so it won't be invoiced, and this can be set to unchecked in the Expenditure code as a default).  At the end of the year, you would just generate a Report (make sure that you are also exporting the CSV attachment) and just report your mileage Expenditure code(s).  We do have the Starting Odometer reading, for export, but not the ending reading.  So you will have to use a spreadsheet program to take the starting Odometer reading and add the "Amount" (which is the distance) to calculate the ending reading if you need that.
karenw

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:51 am »

Thank you Adam...I didn't think of calculating the ending reading!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: