On-Core Software
August 03, 2020, 03:59:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Suggestions  (Read 6322 times)
cgnaughton

« on: January 24, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »

I just purchased your app and am really enjoying using it. I switched from another app and am glad I did, since I can now sync between my phone and ipad. However, there are a few suggestions I would like to make that would definitely make the app more useable for me. I understand that may not be the case for everyone, but I figure it cannot hurt to throw my two cents in.

1. In the time picker allow customization of time intervals on the minutes wheel. So instead of having all 60 minutes I could have 5 min. intervals, 10 min. intervals, 15 minute intervals, or 30 min. intervals. Since I round everything to the nearest half hour when this would make putting in past jobs a lot quicker.

2. Under Rates and Attributes it would be nice to have a billable attribute. I have to keep track of all my hours for my timesheet, but not all those hours are billable, and I am responsible for letting the office manager know which are billable and which are not. Having an attribute that I can click off would be really handy.

3. Under the reporting window it would be nice to have a two week quick button in addition to all the other options. I am paid every two weeks as many people are, so being able to generate a two week report with the press of a button would be really handy.

4. When I export the csv file I am importing into another database program that my company utilizes. Two handy features for this would be to allow me to change the name of the field being exported so that I can more easily match it up to my employers fields. And finally to be able to put blank fields in between the useable fields so that when I do the export/import my fields match up with the fields in the other database system.

I love the product and these are just a few suggestions I hope might make it into a future release, which would make the product even more useable for me. Keep up the great work.
cgnaughton

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 05:36:44 pm »

I just remembered another feature I would like:

On the time entries page it would be nice to see the begin and end times and not just the cumulative times associated with each task, and be able to sort those the same way I sort them in the reports sort options. Also when I am entering past jobs it would be nice when entering batch jobs that the new job entered would get its beginning time and date from the previous jobs ending time and date.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:53:51 pm »

I just purchased your app and am really enjoying using it. I switched from another app and am glad I did, since I can now sync between my phone and ipad. However, there are a few suggestions I would like to make that would definitely make the app more useable for me. I understand that may not be the case for everyone, but I figure it cannot hurt to throw my two cents in.

We will add your suggestions to our "wishlist".  Although we would love to add everyone suggestions, that is not always possible.  We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know.  The more people that ask for the same functionality, the higher we give weight to that suggestion, so it is very helpful to us.

1. In the time picker allow customization of time intervals on the minutes wheel. So instead of having all 60 minutes I could have 5 min. intervals, 10 min. intervals, 15 minute intervals, or 30 min. intervals. Since I round everything to the nearest half hour when this would make putting in past jobs a lot quicker.

Someone else asked for that recently.  This can be a bit tricky for this reason.  Some people will always be setting time manually (not using timers) and want to have the Start time on some even interval (e.g. 00, 15, 30, 45, etc.).  The problem is for others who do not want to do that.  Say another user start their time at 10:13, but still does 15 minute increments.  They will not want their Start time moved to 10:00 or 10:15, so that is the biggest problem with this idea.  We could possibly do this for just the duration, but it is not as simple as that sounds (programming wise).  We need to keep things like this so that it can work for all users.

2. Under Rates and Attributes it would be nice to have a billable attribute. I have to keep track of all my hours for my timesheet, but not all those hours are billable, and I am responsible for letting the office manager know which are billable and which are not. Having an attribute that I can click off would be really handy.

Probably what you should do is just set the rate to 0.  That way it will show the time, but it will have a zero amount.  That would be a quick way for them to see that it was not billable.  This could easily be sorted in a spreadsheet like excel as easily as setting a flag.

3. Under the reporting window it would be nice to have a two week quick button in addition to all the other options. I am paid every two weeks as many people are, so being able to generate a two week report with the press of a button would be really handy.

Unfortunately we are just barely able to squeeze the 5 buttons we have in there.  We will ponder this one a bit and possibly see if there would be a way to "override" one button.

4. When I export the csv file I am importing into another database program that my company utilizes. Two handy features for this would be to allow me to change the name of the field being exported so that I can more easily match it up to my employers fields. And finally to be able to put blank fields in between the useable fields so that when I do the export/import my fields match up with the fields in the other database system.

While we cannot override the labels (and they really won't matter if you are importing as they are not used other than your reference), you can do the rest.  In the Export Fields, you can turn On or Off any of the fields.  If you need some blank columns, just use some of the fields that you are not using, such as Project Code or Project Note, etc.  Once you have set this, hopefully you will not have to change it in the future, so it should be a one time deal.

[/quote]I love the product and these are just a few suggestions I hope might make it into a future release, which would make the product even more useable for me. Keep up the great work.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »

I just remembered another feature I would like:

On the time entries page it would be nice to see the begin and end times and not just the cumulative times associated with each task, and be able to sort those the same way I sort them in the reports sort options. Also when I am entering past jobs it would be nice when entering batch jobs that the new job entered would get its beginning time and date from the previous jobs ending time and date.

You can do this now.  Just tap on the Column Header where it says "Time".  It will rotate thru 4 values.  Time, Value, Start and Stop.  We cannot do any better than that as the iPhone screen is just too small to add any more "detail" to that screen.
cgnaughton

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:43:07 am »

We will add your suggestions to our "wishlist".  Although we would love to add everyone suggestions, that is not always possible.  We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know.  The more people that ask for the same functionality, the higher we give weight to that suggestion, so it is very helpful to us.

Someone else asked for that recently.  This can be a bit tricky for this reason.  Some people will always be setting time manually (not using timers) and want to have the Start time on some even interval (e.g. 00, 15, 30, 45, etc.).  The problem is for others who do not want to do that.  Say another user start their time at 10:13, but still does 15 minute increments.  They will not want their Start time moved to 10:00 or 10:15, so that is the biggest problem with this idea.  We could possibly do this for just the duration, but it is not as simple as that sounds (programming wise).  We need to keep things like this so that it can work for all users.

Would it be possible to make this a preference? So maybe under the time picker preferences you could have time picker intervals so that the user could choose the functionality that would best suit their needs.
cgnaughton

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:46:49 am »

Thanks for your prompt answers to all my questions. There was one you missed, when I am entering past jobs it would be nice when entering batch jobs that the new job entered would get its beginning time and date from the previous jobs ending time and date. Is it possible to set this up as a preference. I understand that not everyone would want this functionality but I am sure that there are quite a few who would.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:46:09 pm »

Yes, that is on our "wishlist".  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: