On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 10:39:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: keypad  (Read 8416 times)
rad

« on: December 08, 2010, 10:16:01 pm »

I'm having problems with the keypad not going away.  Every so often when the text field expands, does not matter if it's an expense or time note.  The keypad stays and does not go away.  I can't see the rest of the screen because of it or move to another screen.

the only way I have been able to fix it is by rebooting my iphone.

What is the problem or am i missing some special trick.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:31:38 pm »

That's strange that you are having that problem.  We had an issue with that in the iOS 2.0 days and had to write a "hack" to make the keyboard go away.  I haven't heard anyone having this problem in over a year.  Apple just recently added code that is supposed to fix that problem and we'll try and implement that instead and see if it makes any difference.
rad

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:10:46 am »

Is that an additional download from apple?  or was it part of the last update?

Thanks,
Rad
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:22:36 am »

Hi Rad,

This new code will be in the next version 3.7.  We just noticed that Apple added their own code for this issue recently, and since you are having a problem, we are going to try it instead.
RFSTech

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:48:30 pm »

I'm having the same problem on my 32GB iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 and Time Master 3.7. Problem also existed in Time Master 3.6 and I think maybe even 3.5 and with iOS 4.1.x. Seems to come and go. It's back with a vengeance now in the Invoice module when applying payments. After the keypad gets stuck (won't go away), Time Master is unusable. I also have to power the iPhone off and then on again to temporarily resolve the issue. Aside from this, love the program in every other way. In fact, it just keeps getting better!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »

Hi RFSTech,

Thanks for letting us know.  The iPhone OS keyboard has been problematic when using levels of screens.  In the early days we had to write a "hack" to work around that problem.  It had looked like Apple had finally addressed this in their iOS 4.2 update of the developer tools, so we decided that it would be better to use the "official" solution for this.  Alas, you are the second person who has written us today about this, so I think we will have to revert back to our old "hack" code (which worked about 99% of the time, but wasn't perfect either).

Just so you know, you do not have to reboot the phone.  What you will need to do is "quit" the app.  First tap on the home button to exit the app.  Now double-tap on the Home button.  This will bring up the "running" apps on the very bottom of the screen, where the apps such as the Phone, Mail, Safari and iPod usually are, and the top section of the screen will be grey'd out.  Find Time Master on the bottom row.  Tap and hold on Time Master.  The bottom icons will start to wiggle and will have the little red circle on them.  Tap on the little red circle to quit Time Master.  It will disappear from the items.  Now you can relaunch the app and the keyboard will not be in the way.  If you have a lot of apps running, you can also quit some of them to free up memory.

RFSTech

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »

Thanks Adam, Your instructions for "quitting" the app are much easier than power cycling the phone. I figured there was a way to do that but never bothered to research it. At least the issue is much quicker to work around now. And thanks for the great app and support.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

Unfortunately we are have not been able to replicate this keyboard problem that you and one other person have reported.  We have something that we are going to try and will be in the next version 3.8 (note has not been submitted yet).  We really hope this will work.  If you could please let us know this helps after it comes out, that would be great.

bountybar

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:17 pm »

I'm getting it as well but only when applying payments, could it be a localisation issue I'm in the UK>
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »

We were finally able to replicate the keyboard getting stuck on the payments screen today and have fixed it.   Cheesy

We will be submitting a v3.8 build tonight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: