On-Core Software
August 11, 2020, 11:17:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repeated tasks  (Read 4543 times)
tassiecelt

« on: November 30, 2010, 05:18:06 pm »

wow, the more I use TM the more questions arise!
I have a set of tasks that are repeated on every project, eg. design, preparation, delivery, install etc.

I thought these tasks, when created, could be selected as needed on each new project. However it seems that they must be created fresh for each new project.
Is that correct?
thanks

Graham
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:32:07 pm »

We have a "Duplicate" ability (one of my favorite user suggestions).  You will note that "todays" entries will have a Green block on the time area.  Once they are 1 day or older, they will be Grey.  If you tap on the Grey block it will prompt you for what to do.  Start, Copy and Start, Copy with Duration or Cancel (iPad just tap outside of the box to dismiss).  If your tasks are a fixed amount of time, do the Copy with Duration.  It will copy everything from that old entry, including the Reference notes into a new entry, but will have today's date and current time.
tassiecelt

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:14:40 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I did read the manual about that 'start/copy' function (I do tend to use sessions) but remained a wee bit confused at the options.
What I was alluding to was, if you like, a database of most used tasks (listed as above) a bit like when you have a client entered and saved - repeated projects can be assigned to that client.

Copy with duration works, but eg. last thursday the task of design was done. Today I copy with duration, but todays task is manufacture (not design).
I can add the task "manufacture", but it does not appear to be available for future use without re-keying the task name.

Hard to explain, hope this is clear.

Graham
tassiecelt

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:14:57 am »

I found the answer in the manual - the issue is about what is called "Global tasks" as opposed to tasks specific to a project.
Global tasks is what I was wanting.
so all good.

Graham
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: