On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:01:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Billing for equipment rental  (Read 4725 times)
1m1

« on: November 21, 2010, 02:56:27 pm »

Hi - I'm brand new to Time Master, just bought it today. in my business, I bill for equipment rentals in addition to billing for my time. Is there a clean and easy way to do this?

Thanks.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 05:16:39 pm »

Well I guess it depends on how you rent the equipment.  If you bill by the hour, you could create Global Tasks for the piece of equipment and put the Rate that you charge for that piece of equipment in each Task.  If you bill by some other increment, you could either change the Rounding on that specific entry or you could just manually round it to the nearest time (e.g. half hour, hour, etc.).

The other way you could go about it is to add it as an expense.  You would create an Expenditure, for the piece of equipment, and put the hourly rate in there.  Then you would just adjust the Quantity to multiply against the time units (e.g. 1 hour).

Hope that helps.

1m1

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 05:39:15 pm »

It's billed by the day, or by the week. I'm guessing expenses will probably be the way to go. I'll have to try it and see.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:56 am »

Yes, it sounds like the Expenses would be the way to go then.  Setup an Expenditure code for the piece of equipment and some way to tell you what its for.  For example "Drill (w)", where you would have (w) for weekly or (d) for daily.  Then when you bill the expense you could change the Quantity to the number of Weeks or Days.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: