On-Core Software
November 25, 2020, 09:07:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Suggestions for 3.6  (Read 3535 times)
DeepOvertone

« on: November 20, 2010, 09:52:17 pm »

They are mostly small and probably easy to accomplish. I am new so I apologize if these things have been requested before.

1: In the invoice module when you are either exporting invoices or creating invoices, the page title just says "invoices". There should be a different page title for each area. For instance "Invoice Export", and "Current Invoices" or something like that. The reason being that if you stay in the app and come back to it, its hard to determine which page you are on because they both look identical. So, I have to go back a page or two just to see if I'm in the correct area for what I want to do.

2: In the module page after clicking on "Invoices" There should be a "Create New Invoice" button as a shortcut to actually having to click on "manage invoices" then on the tiny + in the upper right hand side. Perhaps this shortcut could be created Directly on the Module page itself, maybe with other most commonly used module actions. There is plenty of room to create a few useful shortcut buttons instead of having to click 4 pages deep to get to what you need to do. This Brings me to suggestion...

3: On the bottom of the app there are shortcuts to many things such as time entry and expenses but not to any of the modules themselves. On the Ipad, there is plenty of room to add invoicing as a shortcut instead of having to go to modules first. If suggestion #2 is possible then the "Create New Invoice" shortcut should be under the page that comes up when the "Invoicing" shortcut at the bottom is selected.

This is all I have for now but I will suggest more things later. Most of the things that I would like to be changed would be to streamline the workflow.

Last minute idea... When starting the app after the splash screen appears, how about a quick links page that has buttons for the most commonly used tasks such as create new time entry, create new expense, create new expenditure, create new invoice.... so on and so forth... I feel that the process to accomplish these tasks is far too tedious and its entirely possible to have shortcuts to these operations.

Thanks in advance!!
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:00:17 am »

They are mostly small and probably easy to accomplish. I am new so I apologize if these things have been requested before.

1: In the invoice module when you are either exporting invoices or creating invoices, the page title just says "invoices". There should be a different page title for each area. For instance "Invoice Export", and "Current Invoices" or something like that. The reason being that if you stay in the app and come back to it, its hard to determine which page you are on because they both look identical. So, I have to go back a page or two just to see if I'm in the correct area for what I want to do.

We will change the titles.  Thanks.

2: In the module page after clicking on "Invoices" There should be a "Create New Invoice" button as a shortcut to actually having to click on "manage invoices" then on the tiny + in the upper right hand side. Perhaps this shortcut could be created Directly on the Module page itself, maybe with other most commonly used module actions. There is plenty of room to create a few useful shortcut buttons instead of having to click 4 pages deep to get to what you need to do. This Brings me to suggestion...

We will add your request to our "wishlist".

3: On the bottom of the app there are shortcuts to many things such as time entry and expenses but not to any of the modules themselves. On the Ipad, there is plenty of room to add invoicing as a shortcut instead of having to go to modules first. If suggestion #2 is possible then the "Create New Invoice" shortcut should be under the page that comes up when the "Invoicing" shortcut at the bottom is selected.

You can only have a maximum of 5 buttons on the iPhone.  The program is identical for all the devices.  We do not differentiate between the iPad and iPhone version.  We will also put this on the "wishlist".

This is all I have for now but I will suggest more things later. Most of the things that I would like to be changed would be to streamline the workflow.

Last minute idea... When starting the app after the splash screen appears, how about a quick links page that has buttons for the most commonly used tasks such as create new time entry, create new expense, create new expenditure, create new invoice.... so on and so forth... I feel that the process to accomplish these tasks is far too tedious and its entirely possible to have shortcuts to these operations.

Thanks in advance!!

We always bring you into the Time Entries screen and if you have exited from Time Master without Saving, it will bring you back where you were so you can Save and not loose your data.  To bring up buttons, you would potentially loose data, because we would have to exit that screen, and we don't want that to happen.  As you have stated, you are new to the program and once you are familiar with it, it will become second nature and will not take you any time to add new entries.  Please get familiar with the program first and see how you do.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: