On-Core Software
September 24, 2020, 09:48:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New machine thinks I'm on a trial version  (Read 661 times)
Mark

« on: April 22, 2020, 11:57:21 pm »

Afternoon (for me at least).

I've just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. I had my previous laptop mirrored to this one.
I've just started TimeMaster and it immediately tells me my trial version has expired and gives me the option to Buy.

I've been using TimeMaster for years so clearly that's a little confused but "Buy" is the only option so I click it figuring it will sort itself out.

...and it sort of does. It checks and then comes back to tell me I already own it so the upgrade purchase doesn't go through. Beauty, no extra money spent.
However it doesn't solve the problem as TimeMaster still thinks it's a trial version.

How do I reactivate my copy of TimeMaster so I can continue working? Is there a registry setting I should add my licence key to or is there some other more user friendly approach I should be taking?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 12:45:26 pm »

Hi Mark,  The issue is the "KB4550945" system update from Microsoft.  They evidently broke something in the API that "validates" the app with the App Store.  The only work-around for right now is to remove the KB4550945" update. We hope that MS will fix this patch soon.

Steps to remove:
Go to Settings and click “Update and Security.”
Choose “Windows Update” and open “View update history.”
Click “Uninstall updates.”
Locate the KB4550945 update and uninstall it.
Lastly, Reboot your device.
Mark

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 09:10:29 pm »

I don't know how you figured that out but....

LEGEND!!! Grin Grin Grin
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 10:57:29 am »

I wish I could take credit for figuring it out, but it was the first user, Rick K., that had found the issue and then figured out the fix, before I even knew about it.  Thanks Rich K.!
Mark

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 10:15:13 pm »

Well I second that gratitude then.

Thanks Rick K.

For me it happened the very first time I tried to launch it on a new machine and it didn't happen on my existing machine. I didn't even consider Windows updates. Just thought it had something to do with the mirroring not going quite to plan.

Glad it was a relatively simple fix once identified.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: