On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 07:37:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Event Log Errors  (Read 8720 times)
Spyderturbo007

« on: November 11, 2010, 08:47:46 pm »

I was recently reviewing my Event Logs in an attempt to troubleshoot a problem with MS Outlook and noticed that every time I open Time Master Central it's generating a large number of errors.  It seems that some are generated as soon as the program is open, then more during sync and then more on close.  There seem to be three (3) distinct error messages that I can find.

Errors on open

Quote from: Error
Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Time Master Central
Event Category:   Devices
Event ID:   1
Date:      11/11/2010
Time:      8:36:07 PM
User:      N/A
Computer:   OFFICE
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Time Master Central ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: "2010-11-11 20:36:07.537 Time Master Central[4616:16f0] i=<NSInputStream_socket 0x00a29838>, o=<NSOutputStream_socket 0x00a26468>, n=Nathan\U2019s iPhone".

Looks like these are generated during the sync process.

Event Source:   Time Master Central
Event Category:   Devices
Event ID:   1
Time:      8:36:12 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Time Master Central ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: "2010-11-11 20:36:12.754 Time Master Central[4616:16f0] EV=2".

Two of these are generated on close of the application.

Event Source:   Bonjour Service
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   100
Time:      8:36:16 PM
Description:
448: ERROR: read_msg errno 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

I normally wouldn't complain about a random error with a program here or there, but I'm getting about 120 of these error messages every time I use the program.  Thank you.
Spyderturbo007

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 03:42:55 pm »

No one has any idea about this or is experiencing similar issues?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

We turned off logging in v3.0, but are beta testing it right now.  Some people are still having problems with the Windows version of TMC not working and we still haven't been able to figure out what the problem is.  We do know it's a communications issue, but it could be one of many things.  Unfortunately we are still not having luck with the few users that are having some unknown problem.

If anyone in NJ has a problem perhaps we could meet you sometime?  We have not had the problem here in the office, so have been unable to determine what the exact cause is that is preventing it from working.
Spyderturbo007

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:16:37 am »

I'm in PA, so I don't think that would help.  My sync does work, but just generates a lot of errors.  Is there any way I might be able to help?  I can provide additional event logs, router logs, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: