On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 08:56:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time entry interface  (Read 4587 times)
Alannn

« on: November 03, 2010, 04:17:19 am »

I have a question regarding the time entry interface. I have a several clients with several projects going on at the same time and the duration of different projects can span across several months to a year.can imagine a long long list of time entries. Is it possible to have folder containg different project on the time entries page and starting a new time entry simply by selecting the folder.Even better if the folder can show total time spent without having to navigate to the reporting page. Also under the currrent time entries, instead of showing client name in larger n bold fonts, can we have projects name instead?as with my situation, I find it difficult to find the project name in small font with different projects from the same client.

With all this question, I am still wondering if the app is suitable for my business.my business involve providing a illustration service to several client. Every client with have a few ongoing projects at the same time and as mentioned, some projects can last a year while other may be completed in days.invoice will only issue upon completion of a project.And at time several projects will be billed under a single same invoice.so can the invoice module able to select multiple projects and invoice at once?(btw have not purchase invoice module yet, so can't really try it out). Also basically all project are agreed on a flat rate, time tracking is simply for my own measurement of my productivity.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:00:06 am »

I have a question regarding the time entry interface. I have a several clients with several projects going on at the same time and the duration of different projects can span across several months to a year.can imagine a long long list of time entries. Is it possible to have folder containg different project on the time entries page and starting a new time entry simply by selecting the folder.Even better if the folder can show total time spent without having to navigate to the reporting page. Also under the currrent time entries, instead of showing client name in larger n bold fonts, can we have projects name instead?as with my situation, I find it difficult to find the project name in small font with different projects from the same client.

There are no such things as "folders" on the iPhone.  There is no time limit for Projects.  If you only want to review a specific Project on the Time Entries page, just use the "Entries" filter (default is "All Entries") on the bottom right.  Select "Project" and the desired Project code.  That will show entries for that project alone.  You can turn on the bottom Totals row by going to Setup -> General -> Show Total and select one of the options.

We do not flip the Client / Project / Task rows, but we will add that to our "wishlist".

With all this question, I am still wondering if the app is suitable for my business.my business involve providing a illustration service to several client. Every client with have a few ongoing projects at the same time and as mentioned, some projects can last a year while other may be completed in days.invoice will only issue upon completion of a project.

You should be using the "filters".  We have two powerful filters, "Date" and "Entries" that will allow you to narrow down what you see.  You can filter by a specific Client, Project, Task, Date or whatever you need.

And at time several projects will be billed under a single same invoice.so can the invoice module able to select multiple projects and invoice at once?(btw have not purchase invoice module yet, so can't really try it out). Also basically all project are agreed on a flat rate, time tracking is simply for my own measurement of my productivity.

You can invoices anything you want as long as it is the same Client.  Use the "Auto Invoice" function and just set a wide Start and End date range.

If you are doing flat rate items, just create that flat rate item in the Expenses and to keep track of time, enter yourself as a Client and enter the time under yourself.  Then when you bill the client, they will just have the flat rate item.

Alannn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:36:42 pm »

Hi, thanks for your reply,

You can invoices anything you want as long as it is the same Client.  Use the "Auto Invoice" function and just set a wide Start and End date range.

But wouldn't this "auto Invoice" function capture every projects that falls under the date range. I have projects that falls under certain date range but are  not completed yet thus can't invoice yet.Can multiple projects ( under same clients ) be selectable irregards of date range?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »

You basically have two choices.  You can manually create the invoice(s) and just add the entries that you want or you can use the Auto Invoice function and enter the *specific* project code that you want to create the invoice for.  You cannot "exclude" ones, but you can "include" a single project if you want.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: