On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 09:23:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice number  (Read 3122 times)
colivet

« on: November 15, 2010, 11:29:55 pm »

I am loving the Time Master app on my iphone, but have a little problem. Not too bad but...

When I decide to delete an invoice because I forgot to add some important information I have to manually adjust the next invoice number or it will leave a gap.

Would it be great if when you recreated your invoice with the corrected data the invoice number would be the correct one? Do you know what I mean?

Thanks,

Christian
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »

Hi Christian,

The problem is that we don't necessarily know what invoice you deleted.  Say for example you created invoice 1,2,3,4 and then decided to delete invoice 2.  Since the next number is 5, you would not want to jump back to 2 because after that you would end up having two invoice 3's and two invoice 4's.  If you must revert a number it is better that you manually do it so you know what is happening.

Also, you probably should not be deleting invoices.  You can easily change information on an invoice.  You can add or remove Time or Expense entries from an invoice as long as the Status is Pending.  If you just need to change information on a Time or Expense entry, if the Status is Pending, you can change that too and the invoice will reflect the changes.

Hope that helps.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: