On-Core Software
December 13, 2019, 09:28:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Master Central doesn't see iPod touch 4g  (Read 5980 times)
klc

« on: October 07, 2010, 06:26:55 pm »

I have just installed Time Master 3.3 on the latest iPod Touch.  I can't get the device to show in Time Master Central.  I have done the following:

Tried on both Mac and PC
All devices are on the same wireless network.  Time Master is on and iPod is awake.

On Windows:
It told me I had to install Bonjour. I already had Bonjour installed, but installed Bonjour print services as that seemed the only Bonjour thing I could download.  That message went away after that.

When I start it on windows I get this error message:
The operation could not be completed (NSPOSIXErrorDomain Error 5).
Click OK to that message and the main window comes up, but no devices shown.

On Mac:
No error messages on starting, but no device either.

Really need to be able to output the data to a file to make this work for me, so any help on getting this to work would be appreciated.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:47:03 pm »

While some people have had issues with Windows not work (and no one has been able to figure out why), the Mac version has always worked perfectly.  Make sure that you have Time Master Central 2.1 for Windows or 2.0 for Mac installed.  If that doesn't work, there is probably an issue with your Wi-Fi router.

You can alternatively use iTunes to do this too (basically because of the WiFi problems on Windows).  Attach your device to iTunes.  Select it in the left hand column.  In the center window select "Apps".  Scroll down to the "File Sharing" section.  Select Time Master.  In the "Documents" section you can backup the database by saving the "database.rsd" file to your computer.  You can also download any Invoices that you "Share" from the Time Master Export Invoice screen.

For any "Reports" you need to export, those have to be emailed.  If you need a CSV attachment, make sure to turn that on.  Setup -> Format -> "HTML and CSV".  Hope that helps?

klc

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:25:54 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I'll see if I can work around the problem this way.

I'll also see what happens if I try using a different wifi network. That should confirm or eliminate the router as the issue.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

Sounds good.  Please report back with your findings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: