On-Core Software
September 19, 2019, 10:54:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Master Email Report Not Printing Correctly  (Read 7543 times)
tilingsolutions

« on: October 05, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »

I have installed Time Master v 3.3 on my Ipad running IOS 3.2.2.

When I generate an expense report to email, the whole email shows correctly on my IPAD. I select 'HTML' and when I receive it in Outlook (on my desktop), it shows correctly. However, when I try to print it, it gets cut off. See the picture here:

No matter what setting I use: landscape, portrait, size to fit, etc. I cannot get it to print correctly. I even have a PDF printer driver installed, and the PDF file is created the same way. This leads me to believe it's not my specific printer (a Canon Imageclass MF4370dn) which is the issue.

I also tried just generating the report as a text file but when I receive the email and open it in Outlook XP, there is no text file attached to the email.

Just as an aside, I use to do computer software support for a company that made software so I am able to understand any technical computer explanations,etc.

I really need to generate reports so I can enter it directly into Quickbooks Contractor 2009.

Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »

You are trying to print the HTML output from the email.  We have no control over how your computer renders and prints HTML.  It is the same as you trying to print a web page with tables.  It tries to split them up so that you can cut and tape the pages together into one huge sheet.

What we recommend is that you also export the CSV file and work with that (Setup -> Reports -> Format and select "HTML and CSV").  Then you can import that CSV file in a spreadsheet program, such as Excel, and format it to print the way you want it.
tilingsolutions

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:54:47 pm »

You are trying to print the HTML output from the email.  We have no control over how your computer renders and prints HTML.  It is the same as you trying to print a web page with tables.  It tries to split them up so that you can cut and tape the pages together into one huge sheet.

What we recommend is that you also export the CSV file and work with that (Setup -> Reports -> Format and select "HTML and CSV").  Then you can import that CSV file in a spreadsheet program, such as Excel, and format it to print the way you want it.

Adam, thanks but I already tried this. When I select 'CSV' or 'CSV and HTML', I don't receive any attachment when I receive the email. I am using a POP email and there are no restrictions (that I'm aware of) for receiving attachments. I receive attachments all the time.

Also, just a note. When I generate the report with 'CSV' or 'CSV and HTML', it shows on the IPAD email as 'report.txt'.
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:01:54 pm »

Adam, thanks but I already tried this. When I select 'CSV' or 'CSV and HTML', I don't receive any attachment when I receive the email. I am using a POP email and there are no restrictions (that I'm aware of) for receiving attachments. I receive attachments all the time.

Also, just a note. When I generate the report with 'CSV' or 'CSV and HTML', it shows on the IPAD email as 'report.txt'.

I would have to guess that it is stripping out the attachment for some reason.  It should be in the email as "report.txt".  It is hard to say if it is your email server or the email client that may be doing this.  You could also try the "Compress Archive" option (also in the Setup -> Reports).  That will ZIP compress the report.txt file and add a .zip to it.  Give it a shot.
tilingsolutions

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:25 pm »

I would have to guess that it is stripping out the attachment for some reason.  It should be in the email as "report.txt".  It is hard to say if it is your email server or the email client that may be doing this.  You could also try the "Compress Archive" option (also in the Setup -> Reports).  That will ZIP compress the report.txt file and add a .zip to it.  Give it a shot.

Adam, I tried the compress feature but nadda. I also sent a test email to myself with a zip file attached and I received it just fine.

Please give some more suggestions please Smiley
tilingsolutions

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

Hey Adam,

Just wanted to let you know I was able to properly print the HTML file by saving it.

However still not getting any email attachments from my Ipad. Do you think it could be some sort of issue with the IOS on the IPAD?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:37:12 pm »

I've not had any issues with the iPad or iPhones with email.  However we have had some users who have had problems with their servers (Yahoo in particular).  Do you have any other email address to send it out to?  The other thing to try would be to send it out from a different email server on your iPad.  If you can send it thru an AT&T server or gmail server?
tilingsolutions

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

I've not had any issues with the iPad or iPhones with email.  However we have had some users who have had problems with their servers (Yahoo in particular).  Do you have any other email address to send it out to?  The other thing to try would be to send it out from a different email server on your iPad.  If you can send it thru an AT&T server or gmail server?

Adam, thanks! I tried sending it from my IPAD via my POP server and then received the CSV attachment. Now I'll just have to work on the .csv file.

Thanks so much for your help and your prompt service. I love your software! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: