On-Core Software
December 13, 2018, 08:23:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice Fixed Amount  (Read 1737 times)
Mark

« on: March 15, 2018, 01:14:32 am »

Most of my invoicing is for time spent so this app is perfect thank you.
I have an additional need though of invoicing a client for a fixed amount on a regular basis.
Whilst it would be nice to have a recurring invoice feature, I'm happy enough to generate the invoice manually.
What I need though is to be able to create the invoice for a fixed dollar amount.

From what I can tell there are currently two ways to do this.
1. Create an expense and then invoice for the expense as often as need be (except that this isn't an expense) or
2. Create a fixed amount project reuseable. I haven't yet tried this but it seems to be the closest fit except if I understand it correctly, it still requires time entries to be applied in order to invoice.

My scenario is closer to a monthly licencing approach. There's no time spent, nor is there any direct expense incurred. It's just a recurring dollar value.
Is there a way to accommodate this that I have overlooked?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:50 am »

I think you are on the right track.  From the sound of it and Expense would be the way to go since you are not billing by Time.  Just the Amount and Quantity of 1 and create the invoice from there.  You can tap on the Grey block of an old Expense to Copy it, similar to the way you do it on Time Entries.  Then create the invoice from the Expense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: